Badger Midget Auto Racing Association
Point Leader Kluever Earns First Victory of Season
Sycamore, IL (June 10, 2023) – Todd Kluever reigned victorious at the Sycamore Speedway in Maple Park, IL on Saturday night leading every lap of the feature event. This marked his first win of the 2023 Advanced Fastening Supply Badger Midget series season and second at Sycamore Speedway.
The night marked the first of five visits to the speedway for the Badger and Midget Auto Racing Association organizations. A total of 26 cars signed in to do battle. Kluever lead the Badger contingent into the evening as the series points leader. Mark McMahill entered the evening leading the MARA championship for the first time this season.
The night started off with Auto Meter Heat Race 1 where Matt Rechek took the win over Aaron Schuck and Jace Sparks. Simpson Race Products & VMS Rod Ends Heat 2 was won by Adam Taylor with McMahill and Daltyn England following him to the checkers. The final heat race of the night, sponsored by Behlings, finished with Ronnie Gardner coming out on top, Kluever in second, and Tommy Colburn in third.
The High Performance Lubricants B-Main locked in six drivers to the A-Main with RJ Corson and Nicholas Klein on the front row. Corson went flag to flag to pick up the win. Andy Baugh, Kevin Douglas, Tyler Roth, Kyle Koch, and Robby Wirth transferred to the main with their respective finishes rounding out the starting field.
Kluever and Cody Weisensel started on the front row of the 25 lap A-Main. The initial start was waved off as the field bunched up causing an issue with RJ Corson which led to his early exit before a single green flag lap. Two yellows were quick to come out once the race got underway, with England, Mike Stroik, Harrison Kleven, and Tommy Colburn all being involved in some sort of incident. Kluever stayed the leader through all of this and started the field off strong as he started to make a gap between himself and the pack. Weisensel, Gardner, and Taylor all got to battling for second before the 57 of Gardner clipped a tractor tire and spun around. Kluever led the field back to green with Weisensel second and Jace Sparks inheriting third. Sparks made quick work of Weisensel and put himself into second to battle Kluever. The final yellow of the night would come out for Jordan Nelson nailing a tractor tire in turn four. The field would go green for the final time as Kluever walked away from the pack but it was the 5X of Adam Taylor now on the move up from his eighth place starting spot. Taylor was able to carve his way past Weisensel and Sparks and set his sights on Kluever. Taylor made one solid attempt at Kluever as he tried to power by on the high side of the 55 but to no avail. Kluever was able to sneak away to drive comfortably to the win over Taylor. Sparks, Weisensel, and McMahill rounded out the top five.
The Advanced Fastening Supply Badger Midgets will be back in action Sunday, June 11th at Angell Park Speedway. The race will be broadcast live on FloRacing or tape delayed on Badger Racing TV. The next event for the MARA midgets is scheduled for July 2 at Lincoln Speedway.
To learn more about the Advanced Fastening Supply Badger Midget Auto Racing Association visit BMARA.com or the BMARA Racing Facebook Page. For more information on the MARA series, visit them online at www.mararacing.com or follow the series MARA Racing Facebook page.
Lap Leaders: Todd Kluever 1-25
A -Main 25 Laps | Advanced Fastening Supply
- 55-Todd Kluever; 2. 5X-Adam Taylor; 3. 40-Jace Sparks; 4. 20-Cody Weisensel; 5. 10C-Mark McMahill; 6. 2-Kyle Stark; 7. 19E-Daltyn England; 8. 10A-Tommy Colburn; 9. 6B-Andy Baugh; 10. 18-Tyler Roth; 11. 9S-Mike Stroik; 12. 59-Kyle Koch; 13. 5K-Kevin Douglas; 14. 29-Harrison Kleven; 15. 41-Parker Jones; 16. (DNF) 00-John Heitzman; 17. (DNF) 98-Jordan Nelson; 18. (DNF) 57-Ronnie Gardner; 19. (DNF) 53-Aaron Schuck; 20. (DNF) 38-Matt Rechek; 21. (DNF) 15C-RJ Corson; 22. (DNF) 1W-Robby Wirth
B-Main 10 Laps | High Performance Lubricants
- 15C-RJ Corson; 2. 6B-Andy Baugh; 3. 5K-Kevin Douglas; 4. 18-Tyler Roth; 5. 59-Kyle Koch; 6. 1W-Robby Wirth; 7. 17-Nicholas Klein; 8. (DNF) 68-Eric Blumer; 9. (DNF) 53M-Miles Doherty; 10. (DNS) 31-Shay Sassano
Heat 1 8 Laps | Auto Meter
- 38-Matt Rechek; 2. 53-Aaron Schuck; 3. 40-Jace Sparks; 4. 20-Cody Weisensel; 5. 98-Jordan Nelson; 6. 15C-RJ Corson; 7. 59-Kyle Koch; 8. 5K-Kevin Douglas; 9. 68-Eric Blumer
Heat 2 8 Laps | Simpson Race Products & VMS Rod Ends
- 5X-Adam Taylor; 2. 10C-Mark McMahill; 3. 19E-Daltyn England; 4. 41-Parker Jones; 5. 2-Kyle Stark; 6. 00-John Heitzman; 7. (DNF) 1W-Robby Wirth; 8. (DNF) 6B-Andy Baugh; 9. (DNF) 18-Tyler Roth
Heat 3 8 Laps | Behlings
- 57-Ronnie Gardner; 2. 55-Todd Kluever; 3. 10A-Tommy Colburn; 4. 29-Harrison Kleven; 5. 9S-Mike Stroik; 6. 17-Nicholas Klein; 7. 53M-Miles Doherty; 8. (DNF) 31-Shay Sassano
Cartopia Hard Luck Award: Shay Sassano
VMS Rod Ends Award: Adam Taylor
Oliver Motors Invert Draw Award: Adam Taylor
Oliver Motors Last Place Bonus: Robbie Wirth
ASM Perform Hard Charger: Tyler Roth
Spankins Motorsports Rookie of the race Award: Parker Jones
Article Credit: Zack Krueger
Submitted By: Zack Krueger