Badger Midget Auto Racing Association
Jones Brings the Thunder to Thunder Hill Speedway
Menomonie, WI (July 15th, 2023) - Parker Jones came up victorious with the Advanced Fastening Supply Badger Midgets during the first ever visit for the series to Thunder Hill Speedway. After picking up quick time, the rookie picked up his first win of the season and became the 6th different winner of the season.
26 cars made the most northern and most western trip for the series of the season. Drivers such as Jace Sparks, Daltyn England, and RJ Corson all made trips from Illionios, an almost five hour trip. Others such as Kevin Douglas, Brian Peterson, and Parker Jones made the trip as well.
The FiveOne Motorsports single car qualifying session went to Parker Jones with a quick time of 9.991, the only 9 second lap in the field. Second went to Daniel Robinson, third to Jace Sparks, fourth to Kyle Stark, and fifth to Mike Stroik.
Auto Meter Heat 1 saw Todd Kluever take home the checkered with Zach Boden and Brian Peterson behind him. Simpson Race Products and VMS Rod Ends Heat 2 went to Daltyn England while Harrison Kleven and Aaron Schuck rounded out the top three. Behlings Heat 3 saw Kyle Stark win with Parker Jones and Matt Rechek on the podium.
The 25 lap A-Main for the Advanced Fastening Supply Badger Midgets was next, with Matt Rechek and Brian Peterson the front row. Rechek got the best start of the field but the yellow would fly as a car spun into turn three. Rechek got the better start once again but Peterson was able to hang with him and put the pressure on. Another yellow flew for a car spun once again in turn one. After some disagreement on who went where between the drivers the field refired. Rechek was the best on the restart again as Daltyn England started to pressure Peterson for second. A yellow for a spun car slowed England down but he went right back to work on the restart. Aaron Schuck worked around England for third as Peterson, once again, kept Rechek in his sights. Schuck and England made their way around Peterson as well as rookie Parker Jones. Excitement hit a high on lap eleven as the top four found themselves all within touching distance of each other. Schuck made the most of it as he moved into the lead as Rechek and Jones made contact but were able to keep it going. The yellow paused the battle, as bad luck continued to torment Jace Sparks, sending him around. Another quick yellow reset the field as Jones made use of a mistake by Rechek to get the lead before another yellow flew. Jones used a good restart to break away from the pack as Daniel Robinson made his way into the top five after starting nineteenth. A dominating performance from Parker Jones allowed him to pick up his first feature win of the season, and the first rookie in 2023 to win. Daniel Robinson went from nineteenth to second on the day. Daltyn England picked up another good finish bringing home third on the night
The Advanced Fastening Supply Badger Midgets return to Angell Park on July 16th for the Salute to Bryan Gapinski with the MSA 360s and the Wisconsin Legend Dirt Racing Series.
To learn more about the Advanced Fastening Supply Badger Midget Auto Racing Association visit BMARA.com or the BMARA Racing Facebook Page today.
A - Feature 30 Laps | 00:24:33.531 | Advanced Fastening Supply
- 41-Parker Jones; 2. 57-Daniel Robinson; 3. 19E-Daltyn England; 4. 38-Matt Rechek; 5. 53-Aaron Schuck; 6. 7-Brian Peterson; 7. 29-Harrison Kleven; 8. 10A-Tommy Colburn; 9. 55-Todd Kluever; 10. 28-Jim Fuerst; 11. 45-Trey Weishoff; 12. 8-Jake Goeglein; 13. 6-Jeremy Douglas; 14. 17-Nick Kilian; 15. 15C-RJ Corson; 16. 9S-Mike Stroik; 17. 53M-Miles Doherty; 18. 51-Zach Boden; 19. 40JR-Dave Collins Jr; 20. 40-Jace Sparks; 21. 2-Kyle Stark; 22. 10-Denny Smith; 23. 5K-Kevin Douglas
Heat 3 10 Laps | 00:04:05.000 | Behlings
- 2-Kyle Stark; 2. 41-Parker Jones; 3. 38-Matt Rechek; 4. 5K-Kevin Douglas; 5. 28-Jim Fuerst; 6. 53M-Miles Doherty; 7. 1W-Robby Wirth; 8. 8-Jake Goeglein
Heat 2 10 Laps | 00:09:18.000 | Simpson Race Products & VMS Rod Ends
- 19E-Daltyn England; 2. 29-Harrison Kleven; 3. 53-Aaron Schuck; 4. 10A-Tommy Colburn; 5. 40JR-Dave Collins Jr; 6. 45-Trey Weishoff; 7. 57-Daniel Robinson; 8. (DNS) 9S-Mike Stroik; 9. (DNS) 5X-Adam Taylor
Heat 1 10 Laps | 00:09:18.000 | Auto Meter
- 55-Todd Kluever; 2. 51-Zach Boden; 3. 7-Brian Peterson; 4. 17-Nick Kilian; 5. 10-Denny Smith; 6. 40-Jace Sparks; 7. 6-Jeremy Douglas; 8. 15C-RJ Corson; 9. (DNS) 20-Cody Weisensel
Schoenfeld Qualifying 25 Laps | 00:24:07.000 | Five-One Motorsports Fast Time
- 41-Parker Jones, 00:09.991; 2. 57-Daniel Robinson, 00:10.021; 3. 40-Jace Sparks, 00:10.068; 4. 2-Kyle Stark, 00:10.072; 5. 9S-Mike Stroik, 00:10.166; 6. 51-Zach Boden, 00:10.248; 7. 53M-Miles Doherty, 00:10.323; 8. 19E-Daltyn England, 00:10.347; 9. 7-Brian Peterson, 00:10.417; 10. 38-Matt Rechek, 00:10.449; 11. 10A-Tommy Colburn, 00:10.491; 12. 15C-RJ Corson, 00:10.579; 13. 5K-Kevin Douglas, 00:10.644; 14. 53-Aaron Schuck, 00:10.715; 15. 55-Todd Kluever, 00:10.797; 16. 1W-Robby Wirth, 00:10.838; 17. 40JR-Dave Collins Jr, 00:10.863; 18. 6-Jeremy Douglas, 00:10.864; 19. 28-Jim Fuerst, 00:10.897; 20. 29-Harrison Kleven, 00:10.912; 21. 10-Denny Smith, 00:11.043; 22. 17-Nick Kilian, 00:11.231; 23. 45-Trey Weishoff, 00:11.271; 24. 8-Jake Goeglein, 00:11.337; 25. (DNS) 20-Cody Weisensel; 26. (DNS) 5X-Adam Taylor
Article Credit: Zack Krueger
Submitted By: Zack Krueger